THE GREAT PATRIOTIC WAR: THE FACTORS OF VICTORY
Andrey Belykh, Head of Laboratory for Contemporary History, Institute for Social Sciences, RANEPA
Alexey Isaev, Military Historian, Director of the Center for the History of Military Economics, RANEPA
Stephen Kotkin, Professor of History and International Affairs, Princeton University
Adam Tooze, Professor of History at Columbia University
Issues for discussion:
• Economic and military preparedness of the USSR and Germany for a long-term war
• Reasons for collapse of the Barbarossa plan: Germany's military strategy error, “General Winter”, Red Army’s resistance?
• Was the evacuation in the USSR successful? Was there evacuation in Germany?
• Transferring the economy to a war footing - where was it more successful?
• Is Germany's defeat – political, military or economic?
• Role of the allies in the War