SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT: A PERFECT VISION OR A REALISTIC PROJECTION?
Andrey Margolin, Vice Rector, Director, Institute of Finance and Sustainable Development of RANEPA
Jean-Claude Knebeler, Head of Sustainable Development Department, International and Comparative Law Research Center (ICLRC)
Boris Porfiriev, Scientific Director of the Institute of Economic Forecasting of the Russian Academy of Sciences, RAS Academician
Juergen Voegele, Vice President Sustainable Development, The World Bank Group
Chung Rae Kwon, Nobel Peace Prize Laureate; Chairman of the Global Energy Prize International Award Committee
Issues for discussion:
• How does the COVID-19 pandemic affect the progress towards the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)?
• How are country rankings describing the progress towards the SDGs related to their global competitiveness?
• Are the existing indicators capable of providing an objective view of the progress towards meeting the SDGs?
• Is it possible to achieve the SDGs without strengthening trust between the government, business and civil society?
• What do the Voluntary National Review on SDG implementation progress in Russia tell us, and what lessons can be learned from these?