SHOULD TRADITIONAL RETAILERS FEAR GOING DIGITAL?
Supported by Magnit
Oleg Sipety, Founder, Member of the Board of Directors, Komandor Group of Companies
Issues for discussion:
• Does Russian retail have powerful competencies that are traditionally underestimated? What's new about physical stores?
• Should traditional retailers be wary of online?
• "Physical" hypermarket - what is its role in the modern world? Is it more a showroom of goods or is it still the # 1 point of sale in terms of check volume? Have you reached the point of oversaturation "over large boxes"?
• Why are discounters needed if there are convenience stores? Where is the best investment?
• Multi-format - an advantage or a burden?
• Offline marketplaces: is a hybrid model possible?
• Which segments lost and why?
• Are there any chances for regional networks to resist federal ones?