Expert Discussion ONLINE
HOW IS THE WORLD COPING WITH THE 2020 CRISIS?
Pavel Trunin, Director of the Center for the Study of Problems of Central Banks of RANEPA
Adam Tooze, Professor of History at Columbia University
Barry Eichengreen, Professor of Economics and Political Science, The University of California, Berkeley
The participants in the discussion will attempt to answer the question of whether the measures taken in different countries were sufficient to support their economies during the pandemic. Did they take the right decisions, what is the best anti-crisis policy practice in the current context, when will it be possible to starts painlessly curtailing the anti-pandemic measures?
Issues for discussion:
• Effectiveness of various anti-crisis solutions adopted to combat the consequences of the pandemic
• The pandemic’s impact on the global economics: a comparative analysis of anti-crisis policy and recovery speed
• Long-term impact of the pandemic on the global economy structure
• The impact of the pandemic on development of populism in the world
• Unprecedented monetary and fiscal easing: implications and crisis exit strategy
• Pandemic and inequality
• The post-crisis recovery pace in the global economy