ARCTIC DEVELOPMENT: A NEW OPPORTUNITY FOR NORTHERN REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Andrey Margolin, Vice Rector, Director, Institute of Finance and Sustainable Development of RANEPA
Vyacheslav Fetisov, First Deputy Chairman of the Committee on Physical Culture, Sport, Tourism, and Youth Affairs, The State Duma of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation; Patron for Polar Regions, United Nations Environment Programme
Alexey Chekunkov, Minister of the Russian Federation for the Development of the Far East and the Arctic
Issues for discussion:
• What do we know about the national interests of the countries of the Arctic zone?
• How to move from stating contradictions to constructive discussion of international cooperation areas in the Arctic?
• How are climatic, biological, ecological, social and economic conditions for arrangement of trans-Arctic communications taken into account when making decisions at the state level?
• How to launch public-private partnership projects in the Arctic?
• How to correctly assess social and economic efficiency of increasing cargo turnover along the Northern Sea Route?
• Is sustainable development of the Arctic Region a new priority national project?